I read a great article the other day that highlighted some great tips on how to utilize social networks
besides Facebook to grow your real estate business.
From the article:
2) Pinterest – Create tall multiple image photos of your listing (think Photo Booth) because taller photos take up more space on Pinterest’s interface. You can also use this technique to create boards about homes: decor, color palettes, rooms you like, kids rooms, etc.
3) Twitter – Instead of getting more followers, focus on having more real interactions with the followers you do have. As you do that, you’ll notice you’ll get more followers organically.
4) YouTube – If you’ve attended my MCE class on video you’ll know that online video is more important than ever, and videos have the tendency to rank highly in search engines. Try being specific with your titles by putting in popular neighborhoods where the listing is. Also, use tags/keywords to maximize your exposure. Don’t over do it though. Make sure your title and tags are relevant for the listing or you’ll be penalized.
5) Linkedin – Linkedin is a great place to post articles about your local area. With this strategy alone many Realtors get 70% of their business from Linkedin.
6) Google Plus – Google Plus is the perfect place to create a public community for your local market like “Bradenton Real Estate” or something similar. Unlike Facebook, which is private to search engines, Google Plus is searched so over time can rank high if you are publishing useful content.
As you’ve probably heard me say before, the first step to making these tips work for you is to TRY THEM! I’m no Einstein so if I can do it, you certainly can too! If you have positive results with any of these tips I’d love to hear about it.
Make it a great day!